Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone re-joins Preston North End on loan

Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone has joined Championship side Preston North End on an emergency loan, according to Manchester United official website.

Sam Johnstone

The Championship outfit had Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford on loan for the first half of the season, but the Englishman has recently been recalled by the Black Cats.

Jordan Pickford

Johnstone is joining Preston North End on loan for the second time in his football career, after helping his hometown club earn promotion to the Championship last season with 12 clean sheets in the second half of the 2014-15 campaign.

Sam Johnstone2

“Sam is someone we know very well and someone we tried to sign in the summer. It is a big boost to have him available and back at the football club again,” Preston manager Simon Grayson told the club’s official website.

“Jordan has gone back and we would like to thank him for his efforts whilst he was here. It is no surprise, considering how well he has done that they want to have a look at him. He was fantastic to work with and he contributed majorly to us, but that disappointing news was countered by the news we were able to bring Sam back to the football club.

“We made no secret of the fact we wanted Sam back in the summer and we made a huge effort to get it done, but it didn’t materialise then, however, we are in a good position now, bringing in someone who knows all about us, knows the players and the way we work and hopefully he will slot back in just how he left us at Wembley.”

The 22-year-old Johnstone told Preston’s official website: “I’m delighted to be back and hopefully I can start playing some games,” he told Preston’s official website. “It’s great to be around the team at Manchester United, they are the biggest club in the world but, at the end of the day, I’m 22 years old and I have to think about myself a little bit and I need to be playing first-team football. I get to do that now in the Championship which is a great league to play in.

“Looking around the dressing room I think there are only two or three players that I don’t know so that’s good. Last time I didn’t know anyone but I still settled in quite quickly, the lads and staff are really good. I know the defence, and I know Marnick Vermijl from United too so hopefully all is good this time around too.

“My last game for Preston was at Wembley, it only feels like it was yesterday,” he added. “It was a great day, but now we’ve got to kick on. I’ve seen the results that the lads have been getting recently and hopefully we can carry that on.”

Sam-Johnstone-Sergio-Romero

Johnstone, who has initially joined Preston for 28 days, will be eligible to play in their next Championship clash against Rotherham at Deepdale on Saturday 2 January 2016.

Popular posts from this blog

Does Lil Wayne have cancer?

Police dismisses bomb scare in Lagos

Survivor