Kenyan woman walks around with her dead husband's ashes (photos)

A Kenyan woman, Brenda Akeya Kurt says her dead husband's friends forced her to walk around with his ashes.
The 45-year-old woman who resides in Watamuo, a coastal town in Kenya, said her husband friend's have been threatening her since he died 10 months ago.
luhya woman and ashes
Brenda Akeya Kurt
She got married to her late husband, Samuel Kurt Donze in 2006. Since his death the widow has been walking around with his ashes in an urn because she fears for her life.
Akeya said she was evicted from the home she shared with her husband after a man claimed to have purchased the house. She further said his friends want to take Kurt’s ‘body’ from her.
She said her husband's friend is among those who are frustrating her and he has been demanding the ashes from her.
“They have offered me money in exchange of the ashes but I will only hand over the urn to Kurt’s children from his first marriage.”
luhya woman and ashes
Brenda with her late husband, Samuel Donze Kurt
She said: “His children know me as their step mother. Now this man has come to evict me from my home, claiming ownership after giving me three days to leave. I will send the ashes to Kurt’s children but only after they buy me a house and ensure my children go to school."
Na wa o!

Popular posts from this blog

Does Lil Wayne have cancer?

Police dismisses bomb scare in Lagos

Survivor